From Health 2.0 Wiki
Medicine 2.0 congress
- Medicine 2.0 congress in Toronto, Sept 4-5th, 2008 A new conference series on Web 2.0 applications in health, health care, medicine and biomedical research, organized by the Journal of Medical Internet Research and the International Medical Informatics Association. Perhaps more international and more academically oriented than the Health 2.0 Conference series.
Health 2.0 Conference Blogs and Media Mentions
- Johannes Ernst: Today's Health 2.0 Conference is a Great Success - September 20, 2007
- Matthew Holt
- Health 2.0: That was the Health2.0 that was - September 20, 2007
- San Jose Mercury News
- Scott Shreeve, MD
- Health 2.0: Introducing the HealthCare FICO Score - September 20, 2007
- Health 2.0: Tools of the Trade - September 20, 2007
- Health 2.0: User-Generated Generating (New Health) Users - September 20, 2007
- Health 2.0: Implications for Consumers - September 20, 2007
- Health 2.0: The Cathedral and the Bazaar - September 20, 2007
Health 2.0 Mainstream Media Mentions
- 20070920 - Venture Beat article featuring Vance Vanier of Mohr Davidson Ventures describing "Personalized medicine in the age of Health 2.0".
- 20070906 - Economist article describing the increasing role of social media within healthcare context. Features Organized Wisdom and others.
- 20070416 - Government Health IT Article by Brian Robinson describing Health 2.0 as a Web 2.0 applied to the Healthcare context
- 20061229 - Wall Street Journal Article by Laura Landro describing social networking as part of Health 2.0
- 20061010 - Business 2.0 article by Jennifer Alsever et al which is the first mainstream press article regarding Health 2.0
Brief History of Health 2.0 (from the blogosphere)
- 20070214 - TauMed is mentioned as part of FASTforward blog as leveraging Health 2.0.
- 20070207 - Bob Coffieldprovides health lawyers at the American Health Lawyers Assocation Hospital and Health Systems Law Institute an overview of health care blogging, Health 2.0 and the impact on the health care industry.
- 20070124 - Scott Shreeve, MD provides the first definition and the first roundup of Health 2.0 companies.
- 20061226 - Diagnosing with Dr.Google and Health 2.0: blog post discussing NEJM and BMJ articles describing medical use of Google.
- 20061218 - All Scrubbed Up laments over the use of the term Health 2.0.
- 20071202 - First Health Camp in San Francisco, December 2, 2006: photos, blog post, blog post, blog post
- 20061130 - Google Health's Adam Bosworth blog post on Google's plans for Health 2.0.
- 20061116 - Matthew Holt's podcast interview(transcript) of Sermo.com and Organizedwisdom.com executives.
- 20061024 - e24 Biller has a brief writeup about Health 2.0 that refers to Business 2.0 article
- 20051019 - Dr. John La Puma creates "Health 2.0" blog
- RSS Feed from the Journal of Medical Internet Research
- Health 2.0 Discussion (unmoderated)
- Health 2.0 Announcements (moderated, intended to be low-volume)
- RSS Planet blog aggregator on Health 2.0 topics. For provide any planet suggestions
- RSS iPhone Medical Apps and News Aggregator
- The Pharmaceutical industry is keen on getting involved in Health 2.0 activities, but they need guidance from the regulatory bodies. Highlights from “Social Media Marketing in Pharma: What Works in Canada”, workshops that were hosted by the Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board (PAAB - Canadian regulatory body for pharmaceutical advertising)
- Microsoft's Connected Health Framework Architecture and Design Blueprint white paper
- The NHS plans to implement a Mobile Clinical Assistant (MCA)
- Michael Pollan's article in the NYTimes
- Medical Identity Theft Survey
- Accenture develops The Virtual Family Dinner